The WMA Scholarship committee administers a program of grants. The number of these scholarships is determined by the annual earnings from the investments for these scholarships.
Its purpose is to award grants to qualified applicants sponsored by WMA MEMBERS. These grants may be used at any accredited college, university, or college level trade school.
~WMA Memorial Scholarships up to $5000 based on the number of qualified applicants.
~The Lily H. Gridley Memorial Scholarship for $1,500.
~The LaRue A. Ditmore Music Scholarship up to $5000 based on the number of qualified applicants.
~One Ethyl and Armin Wiebke Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $1,500.
~One Major Megan McClung Memorial Scholarship for $1,500.
~The Agnes Sopcak Memorial Scholarship up to $5000 based on the number of qualified applicants.
~One Virginia Guveyan Memorial Scholarship for $1,500.
*The Clare Bullitt Hokanson Scholarship up to $5000 based on the number of qualified applicants.
The application period extends exclusively from 1 January through 28 February. Applications postmarked after the deadline will not be considered.
The scholarship application deadline has been extended to March 15th due to the extreme winter weather conditions throughout the nation. Applications may be delayed due to weather and Post Office delivery. Applications postmarked after March 15th will not be accepted.
A completely new package must be submitted each time the applicant applies. Previous submissions will not be considered.
1. Have served, or be serving in the United States Marine Corps or Reserve;
2. Be a direct descendant by blood, legal adoption or stepchild of a Marine on active duty, or who has served honorably in the United States Marine Corps, Regular or Reserve;
3. Be a sibling or a descendant of a sibling by blood, legal adoption, or step-child of a Marine on active duty, or who has served honorably in the United States Marine Corps, Regular or Reserve, OR;
4. Have participated in a Marine Corps JROTC program AND
5. All applicants must be sponsored by a WMA member.
For a full list of procedures of how our scholarship program actually works. Please download a copy below. Read carefully as some items have changed.
Application Period is:
1 January to 28 February
This application can be filled in online, print, gather all of your documentation, sign and send in as directed in the procedures. Be sure to print a copy for yourself.
(Acrobat Reader required)